Saturday, February 18, 2012

Crockpot Spicy Beef Sandwich

I'm convinced everyone has their own version of this recipe. For me, the recipe was stumbled on by chance. A family friend made a spicy beef dish that was just made with only the juice and peppers from 2 jars of pepperoncini. I had made that same recipe for my coworkers one day, but they had added a bottle of beer in when my back was turned. It ended up being better than the original! Eventually I added the Lipton soup mix to add some additional spice and flavor, and it works well.


Ingredients
3lbs chuck roast
1 jar of pepperoncini
1 bottle of stout beer
1 package of Lipton Soup mix
1 white onion
Salt and pepper

Directions
Salt and pepper your roast. Pour in your pepperoncini, beer, and soup mix into your crock pot. Chop your onion in half and toss into the crock pot. Add your roast. Low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours. Shred beef when done, throw it all on a bun and call it a day.

Everything that's going into the pot.

 Salt and pepper your roast.


It's pure torture to be in the house while this is cooking...

When the meat is done cooking, I toss it into my stand mixed for easy shredding.

The roast yields a ton of meat... enough to last for a couple meals.

I like to lightly toast my buns with a bit of butter.

And the finished sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment